Nice to see a good-news story about a wool-mill business being passed along to the next generation, rather than just closing. Sons and a nephew of the original owners of Belfast Mini Mills are keeping the business alive, focussing on selling miniature mill operations to wool processors around the world.
Have you watched the new documentary The Cowichan Sweater, streaming for free on CBC Gem? You really should! The Pembina Firebreshed is hosting a talk with the filmmaker, Mary Galloway, via Zoom on Wednesday November 29th at 5pm CST.
A reminder about other upcoming holiday markets:
- Craft Nova Scotia’s Annual Designer Craft Show takes place November 17-19 at Pavilion 22, 1031 Marginal Rd, Halifax.
- That same weekend, in Yellowknife, visit the Weledeh Christmas Craft sale.
- And there’s also the Handmade Market in the Niagara region of Ontario.
- And Vancouver’s Got Craft Holiday Market.
- Ottawa’s History Museum hosts their annual craft market November 23-26th
- Toronto’s One Of A Kind show runs November 23-December 3rd.
- There’s the online 2023 Canadian Indigenous Christmas Market, running November 1-December 10, 2023.
- A list of Alberta events can be found here, there’s lot coming up!